For the safety of both Clients and Cleaners, we have introduced the following health and safety guidelines:
- Clients and cleaners to maintain 2 metres distance if clients are at home during the cleaner’s visit, or remain in separate rooms.
- We have asked cleaners to inform you and us if they or anyone in their household displays any symptoms however mild.
- If you, the client or anyone in your household displays any symptoms please inform the cleaner and us know as soon as possible.
- Cleaners as always will only use your cleaning materials to prevent cross-contamination.
- Clients to wash cleaning cloths and mop covers at a high temperature (60°C or above) after every use
- Clients to provide disposable or machine washable gloves for the cleaner
All cleaners are working to the following health and safety guidelines:
The following is based on guidelines from Public Health England/Scotland and the NHS.
- Thoroughly wash their hands before, during and after cleaning with warm soapy water
- Surfaces should be cleaned using regular products and then where possible, disinfected using a product that is certified to kill 99.9% of germs, such as Dettol Antibacterial Surface Cleaner Spray or Xtra Protect Sanitiser
- Special attention should be paid to "high touched" areas such as: door and cupboard handles, light switches, tables, countertops etc
- Warm water (not hot or cold) should be used when cleaning surfaces and mopping floors, to maximise the effectiveness of cleaning products
- Open windows where possible for ventilation
- Avoid shaking dirty laundry and soft furnishings such as bath mats and rugs